Penny Pot Pie, you are so much fun!! I wish I hadn't spent the first month wishing you were older. The first few weeks of your life feel like such a blur; I wish I would have just indulged in your newborn-ness and enjoyed your snuggles more than worrying about getting out of the house. You're so smiley and "talkative" and I feel like I can't get enough of you every day. I never want this phase to end! You're so sweet, cuddly and easy to trek around everywhere but still interactive and alert. It's the perfect combo, I tell ya. I thought I'd love the toddler stage the most, but now I'm not so sure. I know there are a lot more fun days to come but I wish this 2-3 month stage could last extra long.
Morning Pie is our favorite kind of Pie
My arms get so tired by the end of church while you're sleeping, but I love the snuggles and hate lugging around the giant carseat.
- You're so smiley and talkative from the moment you wake up until you go to bed. You fall right to sleep at night and sleep for 10-12 hours every night with no convincing from us. THANK YOU. Dad and I both have horrible stress dreams where we leave you somewhere or aren't able to feed you. We wake up in a panic and then have to resist the urge to pick you up and cuddle in the middle of the night.
- You're not the best napper, and sleep best while people are talking or while the TV is on. Oops.
- You used to love being in your car seat, but now don't like when I put you in it at first. You've started "yelling" at people sometimes when they get in your face to say hi, which I find kind of funny
- You're too long for your newborn clothes now which makes me want to cry!
- You loath tummy time but are really good at holding up your head
- For whatever reason, you LOVE patty-cake. It's so funny watching you get so excited about it!
I realized one day I had bought ZERO baby toys, and finally bought one of those play mat things. Rave baby reviews I tell ya!
We're very aware of how much we lucked out with such a mellow, happy, fun baby. We love you so much, Pie. And sorry we call you Pie.